In my post about the Longhorn Cookies, I mentioned that my friend Alice and I also made this salad that evening. I found this recipe on Baked Bree and I loooooove it! It's SO fresh, delicious and easy! Both Alice and the bf agreed that this was a must-make-again recipe!
You can add/subtract whatever toppings you like. Yummm can't wait to make this again soon!
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup EVOO
Put everything in a bowl, except olive oil, and whisk until combined. While whisking, slowly poor in EVOO and whisk until smooth. Feel free to add more of any ingredient to fit your taste. We added a tiny bit more honey. :) Set aside. Whisk lightly again before you serve.
Fiesta Chicken Salad
Serves 4 adults
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- half of a red onion, sliced thin (I used 1/4 since I am not a big red onion fan)
- 2 ears of boiled/grilled corn (or bag of thawed frozen corn)
- half a bunch of cilantro (or more if you love cilantro!)
- tomatoes (I omitted)
- grilled chicken (lightly seasoned or marinated. I grabbed some chipotle lime marinated chicken from CM and roasted per Bree's recipe here)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- tortilla chips, crushed
- Bree's beans (Heat 2 TBSP EVOO in a pan, toss in 3 minced cloves of garlic, add 1 can drained/rinsed black beans and 1 TBSP oregano ( I used fresh). Cook until thoroughly heated and set aside.)
Put everything except chips and beans into large bowl.
Toss and add a little dressing at a time until it fits your taste. Add the chips and beans on top right before you serve so it doesn't get soggy.
Dinner is ready! I served with some cheese quesadillas since I had a bunch of fresh tortillas from CM. Sorry my pictures are so bad! They really do not do this salad justice! :) You must make this soon.
Sounds DELISH! - jennaReplyDelete