They sure would go nicely with some Tortilla Soup too .You could also make a smaller version into little appetizer finger foods. Oh! The possibilities are endless...
Oh and I had lunch plans the next day so I gave the leftovers to the bf, who crisped them up in the oven for his lunch and sent me a text saying they were "AMAZING!" I think that's basically the same as a thumbs up... :)
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Recipe adapted from Baked Bree
Makes 5-6 taquitos
- 4 oz (1/2 bar) low-far cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup green enchilada sauce + extra for dipping
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (Add less if you're not a big fan)
- 1.5 cups chicken, shredded (1 chicken breast)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese (mix of Jack/Mexican blend)
- 1/2 package large flour tortillas (fresh are best!)
Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, enchilada sauce, lime juice, spices, garlic and green onions.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add shredded chicken, cheese and cilantro.
If your tortillas aren't super fresh, warm them up a little to make them more pliable. Spoon a couple tablespoons of filling in each tortilla and wrap up.
Place seam side down on greased baking sheet. Spray the tops of wrapped tortillas with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes until brown and crispy.
Cool slightly and serve with extra enchilada sauce for dipping.
Looks good Marissa!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much Bree! :)ReplyDelete
YUM!! Thanks for linking up!!ReplyDelete