It sure has been a while since you've heard from me on this blog. I had to take an unexpected break to take care of some personal things. OK a lot of personal stuff. :) Life has changed since we last spoke! Where do I start? What do I say first?!
- I'll start with SORRY. I'm really SORRY. No excuses. Just life. I was surprised that a few of you, who I didn't know even read my blog, asked what happened to it?! I'm sure no one actually cares THAT much that I went MIA, but now you're reading again, so there's that. :)
- In December of 2011, after years of many, many issues, tests and doctor visits, I discovered that I have a severe gluten intolerance. I get very sick when I eat gluten, even in minute amounts now that my body hasn't had any in so long. #TMI I do not have Celiac disease, but I avoid gluten as if I do. I have been 100% gluten-free for almost 3 years now. I also eat dairy-free most of the time to feel my best, so my new recipes will be very allergy-friendly. :) P.S. I also still make a ton of my old recipes using gluten-free substitutes, so if you're curious, just ask!
- I accepted a new job and in July of 2012, I packed up my 9,571 boxes of kitchen gadgets and relocated to sunny, glorious & beautiful Colorado! I live and work in the Boulder/Denver area. I play in the mountains.I still do advertising stuff- for a company that also helps other companies come up with new food products. In a giant test kitchen. In my office. Umm...#Iwasmadetobehere
- I adopted a new fur baby. The light of my life. Tiny kitchen assistant (AKA floor licker). Meet Newman. Newman is officially a "potcake" from the Bahamas, but I'm pretty sure he's a "whippador" or lab/whippet mix. Quirky little guy.
- I bought my first house.YAY! #grownupthings I have a big kitchen, so that's the most important thing. Can you really ever have enough cabinet space though?
|Newman. My model puppy
Is anyone still reading? I'd love to hear from you! What is going on with YOU?!
Lots of love,