It sure has been a while since you've heard from me on this blog. I had to take an unexpected break to take care of some personal things. OK a lot of personal stuff. :) Life has changed since we last spoke! Where do I start? What do I say first?!
- I'll start with SORRY. I'm really SORRY. No excuses. Just life. I was surprised that a few of you, who I didn't know even read my blog, asked what happened to it?! I'm sure no one actually cares THAT much that I went MIA, but now you're reading again, so there's that. :)
- In December of 2011, after years of many, many issues, tests and doctor visits, I discovered that I have a severe gluten intolerance. I get very sick when I eat gluten, even in minute amounts now that my body hasn't had any in so long. #TMI I do not have Celiac disease, but I avoid gluten as if I do. I have been 100% gluten-free for almost 3 years now. I also eat dairy-free most of the time to feel my best, so my new recipes will be very allergy-friendly. :) P.S. I also still make a ton of my old recipes using gluten-free substitutes, so if you're curious, just ask!
- I accepted a new job and in July of 2012, I packed up my 9,571 boxes of kitchen gadgets and relocated to sunny, glorious & beautiful Colorado! I live and work in the Boulder/Denver area. I play in the mountains.I still do advertising stuff- for a company that also helps other companies come up with new food products. In a giant test kitchen. In my office. Umm...#Iwasmadetobehere
- I adopted a new fur baby. The light of my life. Tiny kitchen assistant (AKA floor licker). Meet Newman. Newman is officially a "potcake" from the Bahamas, but I'm pretty sure he's a "whippador" or lab/whippet mix. Quirky little guy.
- I bought my first house.YAY! #grownupthings I have a big kitchen, so that's the most important thing. Can you really ever have enough cabinet space though?
|Newman. My model puppy|
Is anyone still reading? I'd love to hear from you! What is going on with YOU?!
Lots of love,
Yeah! I'n looking forward to hearing from you and what's good! You may have to translate back to "gluten" for some of us old-timers! Welcome back, you've been missed!!! :)ReplyDelete